Wednesday 20 August 2008

Hmmmmmmmmmmmn

Help o, I have a this friend, who used to go to my old church and left when she moved home and since the borough is far from church she started going to a deliverance church, anyways she calls once in a while, anyway was returning back from a send forth party on Sunday o when my phone rang.
Conversation
Me: Hello Ebun
Ebun: O ga o Laughter, anyway call me back, me ni credit
Laughter: whatz up ore, could read the tension in the air or should i say unrest
Ebun: Laughter, everything fine o
Me: How are the bros o
Ebun; don't get me started o, the guy am seeing came over to my place 2wks ago and i said to him this one that u treat me and this relationship as 2nd wife, o ga o. She said he then said that well u r already in that group
Laughter: sho

Anyway to cut the conversation short, friend tells me that she has been dating bobo donkey for 18months and no sign of seriousness and that he said that he has a wife and children somewhere, na so becuz of that she no well. I then said to her Ebun, have you been to his house, she said no
No ke, I then tore into her i said you a child of convenant, a royal priesthood dating a guy for 18months and you don't know his house, is that how it is now? she said he pointed the house out to her but he has never invited her in, I then said to her, you know what? the truth is that you know that this guy is not free, how else would a man come, eat, drink and then go to promise land on you and then go back to wherever he crept out for without you not querying.
She said he called her back a week after to say he was joking when he saw how cold she was.

I understand the need for us to settle but not in the essence settle for less just for the sake of being called Mrs!!!! I was so mean because i was just tired of seeing men come together and call some women names like Mugu and co because they know we wan marry.

I said to her, i really don't blame him, i blame you, how can a guy in this day and age come and eat and then sleep with you without you entering his premises, she then go on to say her mum told her that a prophecy was said about her that she would marry a divorcee, i said well bobo donkey ain't no divorcee, and this is someone that is holy than thou.

I said take me for example the last person i dated begged me for 6months for me to come back but his attitude stunk when we were together and all that promises of change never got to me, she said ehn he promised her marriage, i said pleeeeeeeeeeeeease wake up and smell the coffee which yeye marriage be that, 18months, a child would have started talking by now.

I told her without mincing my words, you better let the bobo go and stop focusing on marriage and focus on yourself and ask questions about why did I pretty babe like me allow a man to enjoy my body without checking things out, she said she will call me back in 5minutes, errm it is now wednesday no calls.

I was so mad with her, why is that we women take a lot of rubbbish and even allow ourselves to be treated as the rubbish house without allowing her brain to kick in, yeah i was harsh but i did not want to sugar-coat the issue. Am tired of chasing for something when the bible categorically says he that findeth a wife, not she, yeah, yeah i know some women do it but abeg i no fit.

Don't get me wrong, i want to marry but not because of marriage come allow guy free rein over my body whilst dangling wedding ring infront of me like carrot abeg carry go.
Some girls make it easy for gals but why is that we good girls are the one that suffer the most.

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp o.

10 comments:

Aphrodite said...

Dearie, i couldnt have said it better. That ur friend is setting herself up for a major heartbreak o. Which kain marriage be dat one? he pointed out his house for her, why has she not paid him a surprise visit since then. She may just find that it isnt even his house.
kai, some babes na real slackers o!

Laughter said...

Yes o, i kunkun tell am but some women are just gullible, unfortunately she is one, will continue to paray for her.

Thanks for stopping by...

Anonymous said...

hmmmn...there's no need for help now...this whole thing is cut and dried...there's no point setttling...it is wrong as a woman to sell yourself short mehn...

Mz. Dee said...

chari's right... its really wrong.
i shudnt even be on d pc but i just had to read this.

she needz some serious sense to be talked into her!!

Afrobabe said...

very true...ur friend need s a reality check...better yet she needs her heart broken into a million pieces so that each time she picks a bit up she will vow never go leave her sense at home again!!!

Buttercup said...

i think u r goin about it the right wat by not being sweet n not mincin any words....hopefully she'll wake up smell that coffee..

Zayzee said...

we take lots of rubbish cos we are emotional beings, and always give room for improvement.

marraiage shouldn't be taking lightly cos we are talking forever. no body wants seperation or divorce.

wellsbaba said...

omo na so so women jst dey comment but i'll talk from d males point of view....It really is not healthy4a female to throw herself at one dude not for anything in d world,marriage,relationship,security e.t.c to the male,It immediately labels d female cheap,theres this psyche men have concerning women.....they must b expensive(as in difficult in one way or the other) anywais,I just think she is her own enemy....ma first tym here,I yk here especially ur previous post....a man lovin a alzheimer patient?! that is true love

Miss Definitely Maybe said...

Its sad
but sometimes its not stupidity
some girls have a low self esteem
and believe thats the best they can do for themselves
Used to have a friend like that
slept with every Tom Dick and Olu

Anonymous said...

"...but why is that we good girls are the one that suffer the most.
" it beats me but, something whispers, if one's been that 'good' then, one needs just wait a lil while. Patience surely has virtue.